Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mother's Day and new pictures

So this year for Mother's Day, my mom asked for another calendar, like the one I had given to her last year. I had taken pictures of my sisters and uploaded them onto Walmart.com, and created a very simple but cute calendar. My mom loved it so much, that she asked for another one, and lucky for us, my little brother was home on leave from Afghanistan! So I asked my awesome Daddy to take our pictures, because he does such an awesome job! These are some of the pictures that we picked for the calendar...


my beautiful sister Hope


my other GORGEOUS sister Lena


Heath was not happy with this pose...teehee


Geoff's tattoo he got while he was here. I asked him why it was backwards, and he said because we were at war, and it represented them going into battle...kinda cool!



my cute brother Geoff


cute sisters


Mommy and Heath


Heath clapping


what a silly boy!



my little monkey looking for bugs...

We had a great time taking pictures, and everyone looked so great, and best of all, Mom loved her calendar! We weren't able to get Paul in the pictures, because he was out of town, but we will be getting cute pictures done in Tuacahn. We all get matching shirts, and take a big family picture, as well as individual family pictures, so that will be fun!

Paul has been out of town for about a month, with 4 days in between that he came home. On the 5th, our anniversary, he was traveling home, and I was so excited to see him. He has been gone for 3 of the 4 anniversaries we have had, so it was kind of a bummer that he was gone for this one, but that's what you get for getting married during the busy season...teehee...
He came home at 11:00 PM on the 5th, gently woke me up, and surprised me with 3 beautiful orange roses, and an adorable card saying how much he loved me...AWWW!! CUTE! I was so surprised, and so happy to have him home! And we have been married for 4 years...wow! What a wonderful ride it has been! And for Mother's Day, we went out to dinner at Rodizio Grill on Saturday night, and on Sunday I got to sleep in and he made me breakfast! I love him so much, and he is so perfect for me, not to mention an awesome Dad...he is just so wonderful! He leaves again tomorrow for another couple weeks, and hopefully will be back before Memorial Day weekend, so we can go camping over the weekend! We will keep our fingers crossed!

Heath is walking ALL over the place! He will now choose to walk instead of crawl, and will go from crawling to standing up all by himself, without touching anything, and gets around quite well! It so wonderful to have him walking, and he loves the mobility! He has always been a wiggly worm, and when he started crawling, he loved being able to be mobile and move around. Now that he is walking, there is a whole new level of baby-proofing I am doing...very interesting! But he is a good listener, and if I tell him "no touching" he will try to test me by putting a finger on whatever it is, but I say it again, and he will leave it alone! Let's hope he continues this!
We have been watching "Your baby can read" and love it! He is very attentive and will copy the motions that the kids will make, but I am not sure if he is getting the words...we will just have to keep practicing...
Anyway, that is the latest from us...more later...

5 comments:

  1. When did your sisters become super models?!?

    And Heath is so darling. I can't believe he's walking! I thought of you guys on your anniversary--what a beautiful surprise. Marrying a McMillan has been the best choice I've ever made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, they are gorgeous! Thank you so much, and Amen to marrying McMillan's! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are all beautiful. And I can't believe how big heath is getting! Time flies. Congrats on four years--sad that Paul has been gone so much but that was sweet about the roses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Mother's day, and when it comes to your sisters I think they are just amazing girls. I am so glad you enjoyed your mother's day. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am curious how the your baby can read are going. It is an interesting idea! Happy Mother's Day and Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete