Monday, May 31, 2010

RIP Sean Martella

I just wanted to write a quick post, I just found out that a friend of mine lost her husband this morning at 12:51 to testicular cancer. They have fought so hard, and he has gone through countless chemotherapy and radiation treatments, as well as traveled to New York for studies, for over 3 years. He had been seeing the top TC doctor in the United States, and even he was stumped. Before he started chemo, they did a sperm retrieval for the possibility of kids. Just this last January, they did IVF and she became pregnant with twins! They were so thrilled at the chance to become parents, and even more at the fact that there would be 2. Just 2 days ago, doctors found that he had leukemia, and gave him 2-3 months to live. He promised to fight like hell for his last few months so that he would have the chance to hold his babies. This morning, at 12:51 AM, he passed away peacefully, surrounded by family and friends. I am so sorry to Karen, and the rest of his family, and am praying that they will find peace and comfort in knowing that our Heavenly Father is with him now, and that he feels no pain, and he will be taken care of until his family can see him again. I can't imagine what Karen is going through, being pregnant with 2 babies, and losing her other half. Anybody who reads this, please pray for her, she has a rough road ahead of her. We love you Karen, and will be there for you when you need someone. Rest in Peace Sean! You will be missed.

This makes me think about my family, and really brings home how much I love them. We don't know how much time we have, and we HAVE to tell the ones we love that we love them! Mom, Dad, Geoff, Lena, Hope, Ron, Lynn, Pat, Wendy, Ryan, Aubrey, Aiden, Oliver, Kevin, Christie, Cade, Myla, Gavin, Jay, Anna, and the rest of our extended family, WE LOVE YOU! Thank you to all of you that have helped us, laughed with us, cried with us, and been there, no matter what. We are so blessed.

Paul and Heath, you two are my world, and I would be lost without you both. I am so grateful to have found a man, who loves me unconditionally, who has vowed to spend Eternity with me, and who is there for me every single time I need him. And I am so blessed to have a son, who loves life, is so quick to smile, and wants to help out, just like his dad. I am so incredibly blessed!

Thank you for reading, and again, please pray for Karen...

3 comments:

  1. This breaks my heart to hear! I haven't seen or talked to Karen since highschool but would often glance at their blog to see updates on his cancer, its been a long road for them and he fought hard. Send her my love and condolences from me will you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pretty much cried as I read this. How terrible! Having twins, I know that it is tough, but how amazing that she has a part of him. She will love her little ones so much and I am sure she will get through it one day at a time.

    Sometimes it is tough to show how much we appreciate the ones we love. I know I do not do it enough. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Death always makes one appreciate life. It really is a gift isn't it. This blog post was so heartfelt, and beautifully written. Thanks for the appreciation. I will pray for your friend, I am sure she is going through a lot right now.

    ReplyDelete