Thursday, March 17, 2011

Cruisin...

We had such a GREAT time on our Mexican Riviera cruise! We went to Puerta Vallerta and Cabo San Lucas, and the sun was AMAZING! I wasn't able to do much, due to the fact that I am expecting! But it was still nice to enjoy my family and the warm sun. This was our Christmas present from my parents, and it was a blast!



This is Heath and I in our beautiful room, we got to have a window because they consider Heath a full person, so he slept on the pull out couch. Made me happy that he has been in a regular bed for awhile, so he was used to the height and no railing :)


Here we are swimming in the ocean-filled pool, Heath did not like getting his face wet, and licking all that salt water made him gag a little bit, but he LOVED his floaties and had a great time swimming!


more swimming



Here is Lena, she was brave and got in too, and I look a little silly...teehee


Here is Heath walking towards Daddy, and wanting to rinse off in the fresh water shower. He loved jumping in the water to me, and giggling.


Here we are in Puerta Vallerta, I just had to get a cool picture of us on the map. We had an excursion planned here, but unfortunately, due to poor planning, we weren't able to go on it :( It was supposed to be a pirate adventure, with all of us going on a cool pirate ship with lunch, but they did not plan for the 3 cruise ships that were docked, and we ended up sitting for 2 hours. Now, with an almost 2 year old, and being pregnant, it was exhausting and HOT! Thank goodness for amazing husbands with lots of energy! Paul walked around with Heath for the longest time, keeping him occupied. We ended up getting tired of waiting, got our money back, went shopping at the little shops, and got back on the ship for lunch and naps.


Heath LOVED putting on sunscreen, and thanks to that, he had NO sunburns! Good boy!


Sitting in front of the ship after shopping, waiting for everyone else to get back on.


One last picture before we say goodbye!



Here is one good picture of Heath at dinner time...he really had a hard time with dinner, and would do the 6 o'clock tantrum, every...single...night! It was so hard to keep him happy, he just didn't want to eat and be happy. And the thing was, our dinner table was more of your formal dining than just grabbing a hamburger on the outdoor deck. We all ate such good food, delicious fresh fruit, awesome fish and shrimp (none for Paul, obviously) and yummy steak and chicken! Not to mention at LEAST 2 desserts! It really was so fun! AND, I came home, expecting to have gained at LEAST 10 lbs...nope! Only 2! Wow was I surprised!

My sisters got to do some awesome stuff, and I am SO glad they had a good time. Hope and my dad got to play with dolphins, swimming with them, and teaching them some new tricks! Paul, Hope and Lena got to go parasailing, and according to them, the girls got twice the ride than anyone else! Lena and Paul went deep sea fishing, but didn't catch much. Heath and I did alot of walking around and shopping, and just enjoying not having to be anywhere! He did really well napping, and he loved being outside!

I don't have pictures up yet of Cabo, but I will get those up ASAP.

6 comments:

  1. How fun! And Heath's two now, isn't he? Time flies!

    I hope you're feeling well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pics of you all just made my heart flip around with excitement. I am so glad you got to get away and have a great time. One thing I really admire about you Hailey is your ability to look on the bright side even if there was a disappointment, like not being able to go on your excursion. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you were expecting Hay!!!!!! HOW WONDERFUL!!! It looks like you guys had a ton of fun on your cruise! It's funny because we went on that exact same cruise when I was prego :). SO fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julia-yep Heath is 2 now, and its so crazy! He says something new and funny everyday, and I love it! I also love that Finn is WALKING! Way to go Finn!
    Aubs-thanks :) We were pretty frustrated, but I do try to look at the bright side, and we still had a good time :)
    Trisha- Thank you! We are so totally excited too! It's definately a little harder to be pregnant with a toddler, you don't get NEARLY as much rest as you do with #1, but Heath is so cute, and he is excited to be a big brother!
    Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you guys had so much fun. I'm almost jealous, if I wasn't deathly afraid of being stuck on a boat in the middle of the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy cow what an AWESOME Christmas present from your parents! Ohhh, those pics looked so amazing. It makes me want to get into some warm weather! And yes, thanks for passing on the preg hormone. :) I hadn't heard anything about you so I wasn't sure what your status was--glad to hear everything is going well! ANd you should be finding out soon, WAHOO!!

    ReplyDelete