Monday, December 7, 2009

Getting ready for Christmas....


Our awesome candy cane Christmas lights that my Uncle John put up for us.


We love them and think they are gorgeous! Thanks John!

This year's Cedar City trip was so much fun! We all drove down Friday night, and spent the night at Doug and Donna's, who are Paul's aunt and uncle. After a good night's sleep, we all woke up and had an AMAZING breakfast that Donna cooked for us, so delicious! After that, we all bundled up in our snow gear, and drove up the canyon to look for our trees! Paul and I had just gotten a baby backpack so that we could have Heath come with us, and he didn't mind it! After about an hour of traipsing around in the snow, we found one that we both liked! Paul used the chain saw to cut it down (but I did help trim it) and we drug it back to the truck.



I was pretty surprised at how well Heath did, he is quite the wiggle worm, and has to be moving all the time. I was worried about him being in the backpack for awhile, but he did great!



After we all found our trees, we went down to warm up and eat some awesome chili and hot coaco. After we got fed and changed into dry clothes, we packed everything up, tied it all down, and left for home!

Paul had a good time, can you tell?

When we got home, we had a fun time decorating it with tons of lights, and a few ornaments....


It's so pretty lit up! I love this tradition with Paul's family, it really is something I look forward to all year!

We also got to see a TON of Jay and Anna while they were here, and I think we got them hooked on Guitar Hero....


Here they are, battling each other! Anna picked it up pretty quick, and Jay did really well too! Woohoo for Guitar Hero!

Heath has also turned 9 months old, and I can't believe how grown up and funny he is! He goes up the stairs now, so fast its hard to believe! He is eating so much, and loves trying new foods, but I must say, his favorite is still bananas!

here he is enjoying some lasagna....he loved it, just like his daddy!


such a happy boy!



He is so silly, he starts laughing when I dance with him, or I will count to 3, then tickle him! I do that quite often, and now when he hears me say "oooooone, twooooo, THREE!" he starts giggling before I even touch him! It's so cute, and I always end up laughing harder than he does! I am absolutely stoked for Christmas this year, and can't wait to see my boy open presents! I have become fully aware of how blessed I am to have such an amazing family!

2 comments:

  1. That breakfast was amazing. If it is all I can muster to get more done, I am going to get a hold of that recipe.
    What a beautiful family you are. And such a beautiful tree. The first Christmas with Heath! May it be splendid and fabulous and filled with cheer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Aubs! I believe that it will be!

    ReplyDelete